The Gerber file format is the bare board industry's CAD-to-CAM data transfer standard. Ucamco, its long-standing custodian and developer, has updated the file specification. By investing considerable time, money and effort in the ongoing improvement of the Gerber Format, Ucamco continues to provide the PCB industry with one of its most crucial tools, free of charge.
New features include:
- Parameters LN and IN are, as of now, deprecated;
- The regions overview section has been expanded and examples added;
- Chapters on function codes and syntax have been restructured;
- Constraints on thermal primitive parameters are more explicit;
- Wording has been improved in several places; and
- Typo's and small errors corrected.
Questions, remarks or suggestions can be sent to email@example.com. Comments from the community make the specification better.
To download the Gerber File Format Specification visit www.ucamco.com.
Ucamco (formerly Barco ETS) is a market leader in PCB CAM software, laser photoplotting, and direct imaging systems, with a global network of sales and support centers. Headquartered in Ghent, Belgium, Ucamco has over 25 years of ongoing experience in developing and supporting leading-edge photoplotters and front-end tooling solutions for the global PCB industry. Key to this success is the company's uncompromising pursuit of engineering excellence in all its products.