MEMS Industry Group (MIG) will host its third annual MEMS Executive Congress® Europe, March 11, 2014 in Munich, Germany. This European edition of MIG's highly successful executive event features an opening presentation by MIG Executive Director Karen Lightman and keynotes by X-FAB Group CEO Rudi de Winter and Robert Bosch President of Automotive Electronics Klaus Meder. Panels exploring micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) as a core enabling technology in automotive, consumer, and health and wellness, as well as several featured speakers, complete the one-day conference program.
"From the smartwatch on your wrist to the thermostat on your wall, MEMS is dramatically improving the consumer experience at decreasing price points," said Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS Industry Group. "MEMS is the foundation of the connected car, connected home and even the connected city. And it is advancing new classes of health and wellness products that will enhance our quality of life in countless ways. With European companies and research organizations at the forefront of new developments in these markets, MEMS Executive Congress Europe allows the global MEMS community to tap into European innovation. Event attendees will gain a deeper understanding of the technology behind a 'MEMS-enabled life.'"
- Rudi de Winter, CEO, X-FAB Silicon Foundries
- Klaus Meder, president of Automotive Electronics, Robert Bosch GmbH
- MEMS in Automotive
- Marc Osajda (moderator), director, Freescale Pressure Sensor Business Unit, Freescale Semiconductor - Germany
- Richard Dixon (panelist), principal analyst, MEMS & Sensors, IHS iSuppli
- Frank Schäfer (panelist), senior manager product management, Automotive MEMS, Robert Bosch GmbH
- MEMS in Consumer Products
- Dr. Roland Helm (moderator), director & segment head, Microphone & Reliability, Infineon Technologies AG
- Jean-Christophe Eloy (panelist), president & CEO, Yole Développement
- Dr. Yannick Levy (panelist), vice president of corporate business development, Parrot SA
- Teemu Rämö (panelist), senior manager, Audio HW, Nokia Lumia Technology